LEIGH TAAFE @ BIMER BONSAI CLUB
When: 2-4th July 2021
Where: Wavell Heights Community Centre, Edinburgh Castle Road, Wavell Heights, Queensland 4012
Bimer Bonsai Club is excited to bring one of Australia’s most influential Bonsai Professionals, Leigh Taafe, Curator of the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection for a program of workshops, demonstrations and information sharing to Brisbane in July.
About Leigh Taafe:
It was the movie Karate Kid that inspired Leigh in 1984, at the age of 13, to move his interest from cacti to bonsai, an interest that was to shape Leigh’s personal and professional life from that moment on.
Leigh continued to pursue bonsai as a hobby as he completed his degree Business/ IT and during his working career in the private sector. In 2000 Leigh opened Ledanta Bonsai Nursery, a commercial retail/wholesale bonsai nursery which offered other services included bonsai maintenance, bonsai hire, bonsai workshops and masterclasses. Since then, Leigh has exhibited at National Conventions, been guest speaker internationally and nationally, won multiple awards and has been editor of bonsai publications.
Now, as the Curator of the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection, Leigh manages over 120 trees including the permanent collection and trees on loan, manages and trains bonsai volunteers, engages the public and bonsai professionals through an ongoing event program.
Registration is essential as limited spaces are available for some events
Registration and Payment is required by June 5th 2021.
You can pay at the June 2021 Club Meeting by cheque or cash accompanying your completed registration form/s or you can deposit funds to our account:
Account Name: Bimer Bonsai Club Incorporated BSB 124 001 Account Number 10112801 including “LEIGH TAAFE” and YOUR SURNAME in the reference section so we know who has paid and for what.
REGISTER HERE OR WITH THE HARD COPY FLYER/FORM:
- Bimer Club Members and non-members must register for the paid sessions.
- Places are not guaranteed until confirmed by the club. Should you have registered and paid and there are no remaining places, your payment will be refunded to you.
- Bimer Club Members will be given preference in the limited spaces in the workshops.
- Please fill out a separate form for each registrant (Photocopies are accepted and form can be accessed in the flyer below).
- Registration includes: Attendance or participation, morning and afternoon tea/coffee at the event.
- Bimer Bonsai Club committee reserves the right to change the program should circumstances require it.
- Each registration payment incurs a $10 non-refundable administration fee in the event of cancellation.
- Meals are at the participant’s expense. (Not provided)
- Information provided on this form will be used only for the purposes of this Event.
NOTE: Workshop Etiquette